Simple Spice Rub

>> Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I often get asked - "what should I make for dinner tonight?" and in conjunction with my new task (still taking advice on names "taking advice from the top"?) I have decided to really try and make recipes that can be used multiple ways.

So tonight when I was trying to figure out what I would make for Dory and I tonight, I thought why not try my favorite spice rub on pork.

Basically this is the greatest rub of all time. I've tried it on chicken, steak and recently I found out it works on pork too!!

Ingredients

  • Chili powder
  • Cumin
  • Paprika 
Directions

Mix equal parts chili powder and cumin, then just a hint of paprika

Rub it all over whatever protein that you like and cook the way your normally would. It's smoky, spicy without over powering the protein. It's a great rub for every meal!

3 comments:

Anonymous October 28, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

The rub was delicious on the pork chop. The smashed sweet potatoes with maple syrup and glazed apples were a perfect compliment to the spicy pork. I loved every morsel! Thanks again for dinner, Renee!

Renee Barone October 28, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

oh Dory the pleasure is all mine! What I love about the rub, is it's not too over the top, but give just the right amount of heat. You can change it up too and add garlic powder. Really the options are endless.

The smashed sweet potatoes were ridiculous. It's wrong that something can be so good.

Megan October 28, 2009 at 12:55 PM  

Great suggestion, I'm excited to try this! I love learning what I can do with ingredients already in my pantry, thanks!

AddThis

Share |

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP